Monday, January 08, 2007

Wow…what the fuck got into me last night???

Who the hell wrote that post? I had one simple point in mind which was that I got fucked over by someone that expressed to me how nice they were and would never do me any harm. Yeah right.

Anyway I guess sitting here watching TV, talking to my mom on the phone and a few glasses of wine made me ramble like a fucking moron.

Guess I’m not such a good multitasker after all. Oh well…lesson learned.

On to today’s work drama. Now before I begin I do have to say I’m starting out this story with the knowledge that I know I’m wrong in the basics of this story but I think I’m right in the rest.

Lately I’ve been late to work. My hours are from 9-6 and usually I’m there anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes late. This I know is wrong. My hours are what they are and I should be on time.

I got a talking to today because of my tardiness. I almost thought for a second she was going to make me stand in the corner.

I understand her point but it’s the double standard part that tends to confuse me.

Everyone else that’s salary can come and go as they please for the exception of me and the only other person that I get along with in my department.

The evil ones can wait for the plumber or cable guy. Hang out at home until they feel like coming to work. Most of the time they cut out at 3 or 4 with a “I’ve had enough for today…see you tomorrow.” as they walk by me. MB and I are connected to our desk with the old ball and chain. Why we are singled out and picked on I do not understand.

I got a promotion a couple of years ago that put me on salary, put manager at the end of my title and also took away the enormous amount of overtime I was working. One of the selling points for this so called promotion was that I would be salary and that I didn’t have to clock watch all the time. That has long disappeared. Also, even though I was promoted I am still treated like the peon that they believe me to be.

I decided last night that I was going to dress better, try harder and dismiss all the gossip and drama at work. That backfired in my fucking face today.

I know that I’ve been off work for 3 months and I was really excited about going back and getting the fuck out of this house but I think that I was really unhappy there before I left. I’ve only been back since Christmas and already the drama is rearing it’s ugly head and I’m waking up with the same sinking, disgusting feeling of dread everyday I have to work.

It’s clear to me that I will never be treated with the respect that I think I deserve there and I’m really fucking sick of it.

I was planning on saving as much money as I could over the next year and getting the fuck out of this state and moving back to Texas. I wasn’t planning on trying to find a new job in the process but it looks like that's the way it's going.

I just don’t know how long I’m going to be able to handle it there. The advertising world is one fucked up place to be. It’s all about the money and as long as the evil ones bring it in no one gives a shit what they do or how they treat other people.

I think they are trying to get rid of me anyway. Fine…go for it…drop the axe. I was never made for corporate America but I ended up there and I’m sick and fucking tired of it.

The rebellion begins…yeah like I’m gonna be on time tomorrow…I don’t think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home