Sunday, January 28, 2007

Thisishowmylaundrywent…

I actually stayed there while it was washing and drying…which is rare for me. I usually come back home because the place is only ¼ mile from my house.

As I was sitting in my car I started hearing a little girl crying and she was one very distressed 2 year old that cried the whole time I was there…which was about an hour. The mother tried everything. The only thing that seemed to make the little girl happy was a leather wrist band with spikes on it…something you would see in an old Motley Crue video and a fountain soda that was almost as big as she was. Cute little thing.

My mom never would have stood for that. She always use to say we were such well behaved kids. Well of course Ma, if we weren’t we got the evil stare of death. Ooh how the memory still haunts me.

A young couple was there and as I’ve always said in the past they won’t be going there together for long. Funny…they walked in together and he walked out before she even finished loading the washer. He never returned. See it’s happening all ready. Man I’m good. At least he tried.

An older couple fighting over if the clothes were dry enough. Just pack the shit up and take it home. It will dry eventually!

A man was next to me in the parking lot in his “Good Times” van (I love those things) backed in with the back doors open. I never saw him take a piece of clothing into the Laundry of pain but I did see him going through all his bills while eating his lunch. Curious, I thought...as I tilted my head sideways.

But the topper of this whole excursion was the annoying yuppie on the cell phone. He walked by at one point when I was folding my laundry and looked at me. I smiled and he just stared at me. Alrighty then.

He proceeded to sit down and talk on his cell phone REALLY LOUD. I can only assume he wanted to prove to the whole place that he didn’t belong there. He actually just ended up looking like a moron. Seems he was taking to a co-worker that was having trouble with their Mac. Now I’m not a Mac person but I know enough about them that I knew this guy had no fucking clue what he was talking about. Take it outside buddy your interrupting my laundry misery.

I did forget to mention the guy in the van had on a shirt that depicted a page of a comic book. There were super heroes all over his shirt with the balloons above their heads saying things like “Watch out captain Blah Blah.” He was a wee bit over weight and had his shirt tucked in his jeans so the focal point of the shirt was a balloon right over where I would imagine his belly button was that said “There’s trouble down here” but the charcter was lost below his jeans. What? What Trouble? Who’s down there saying that? Heh.

I thought it was funny. Guess you had to be there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home