Saturday, March 24, 2007

Betty boop shoes, and old friend and the police

I braved the California frontier tonight and actually went out. Scary for me. I looked cute. All dolled up with capri pants, the betty boop shoes and a sweet low cut shirt.

Every time my friend left to get us drinks there was a new guy sitting next to me asking my name or showing me his tattoos.
I would like to say it made me feel good...but it didn’t because I feel like garbage about myself at this point. I’m actually surprised these guys approached me at all.

The last time my friend came back from the bar the tattoo guy was taking off his shirt to show me his tattoos T (my friend, male) said “Do you have some mojo magic going on here?”

“Not to my knowledge.”

“India, I’ve been to the bar three times, and every time I come back some guy is talking to you and you wonder why your alone? You need to get out more.”

“Maybe.”

“You don’t know what you have do you?”

“No.”

He knew there was no further conversation on that subject so he said “Are you ready to leave?”

“Yup”

We hugged...it was so nice to see him again.

Drive home was fine...10 minutes, parked the car and was on my cell phone with T. He said to call once I got home.
I saw a car cruising up the street with out the headlights on. Interesting.

Cop. Coming the opposite way and stopped right next to me and he just sat there and looked at me. I looked at him and put my arms up to say “what?”

Then I heard “Step out of the car.”

Fabulous...cherry on my week.

Told T there is a situation and gotta go.

Talk about a bitch stepping out of a car with an enormous attitude?

I said “What’s the problem?”

Officer, still in the car “You look suspicious.”

“Why?”

“Because you are sitting in your car talking on your phone at 1am.”

“I got laid off yesterday and I was talking to a friend about it, that’s all. Not like I shot someone.”

“I’m sorry to hear that, where did you work?”

I told him.

“Wow really?”

“Yes.”

“Well have a nice night and sorry to have bothered you.”

I did shoot him the finger as he drove away.

Here all along I thought I looked cute tonight.

Nah...I just looked suspicious.

10 Comments:

Blogger Otis said...

"I did shoot him the finger as he drove away."

You're my hero.

6:53 AM  
Blogger mindy said...

that's weird.. i was on the phone with you at 9 something your time and you didn't have plans.. you're very spontanious.
:)

6:57 AM  
Blogger mindy said...

look.. me and otis were here the same time!! :) hi otis!!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Otis said...

It was a fan club meeting.

Just out of ignorance, can either of you educate me on Betty Boop shoes?

What do they look like?

1:22 PM  
Blogger mindy said...

i think india has a pic of them somewhere.. they are black rounded toe, high heels.. (think cartoon)
:)

7:55 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

The cop WAS hitting on you. He wanted to get those cartoon shoes skyward while he Mirandized you repeatedly.

Boopboop-she-boop. All night long.

11:27 PM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

HAHA! Ya'll made me laugh.

12:03 AM  
Blogger mindy said...

maybe you should have invited him in for a drink??? was he cute?? who cares.. he has handcuffs!! :)

6:53 AM  
Blogger Otis said...

I found the picture of the shoes...

Cute, sexy, and oh so 1940s...

12:51 PM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

Ya'll are killing me over here!!! I actually laughed out loud.

and Mindy...I told you not to tell anyone about the handcuffs.

and yes he was cute but not my type.

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home