Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Hmmmmm......



I’ve been rethinking my choices…I have gone back to my original choice. iMac G4 (to the left). Instead of getting just the motor of the car (Mac mini) I can get the whole car with automatic windows for the same amount or even less….or I could drop a grand and get that pretty new M (the little baby on the right)….I almost drooled when I saw it. I just thought it was a monitor this whole time. Nope…that’s the whole shit…and I almost clicked buy but…

I just have to have patience…which I do have most of the time but not when I want something special.

Now that I really understand what I’m looking for and how much I’m willing to pay I am a freak. I’ve already lost two G4's on eBay at the last second. One I could have paid what they were asking but I lost by 6 seconds and $8.33.

The thing about the G4’s that I want, people are getting caught up in the whole bidding thing and are paying WAY to much for them. The last one I bid on went for almost $700 and it was a G4 with half the memory of a new M. I have to say to my self that it is new with a guarantee for only $300 more and free shipping.

I think what I’m pondering on is a guarantee. Also the fact that I could fix my air conditioning in my car for $600…or go and see about the 02 light that reminds me everyday that the Monster won’t pass smog. Paying off some bills I have. A ton of shit I need money for.

I guess my point is why should I spend money on a new computer when I could definitely use it somewhere else.

I only have one reason.

I need a new computer and I have the means to do it at this point. If I don't buy it now I know I'll blow it on some other bullshit just because I'm pissed at myself for not buying something that I know I have to have. I also know that I need it for reasons most people don't.
The one thing I’ve learned about Macs is…you can buy it for a grand and then turn around and sell it for just about that much. However, in and eBay bidding war one could get a hell of a lot more than the fucking thing is worth.

Mac’s are an investment, that I now know. I think are similar to diamonds. They rarely break and never lose much of their value.

Now it’s just getting my itty bitty fingers on an M…oh I didn’t say that.

Heh…yeah I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home