Sunday, March 25, 2007

I thought about sending this computer back...

Hell, it’s a months rent. But i can’t. It’s one of the few things keeping me sane at this point.

I kind of brushed over losing my job like it didn’t really matter. It did.

It’s seems unheard of that they they told me I was laid off without a severance package. Even the HR people at my company don’t understand it. They also can’t hide their disbelief. It’s also against my company’s policy.

Did someone say lawyer? Oh...I think it was me. I’m not one to be a bitch but they don’t even know my end date. No one in that meeting had any answers for me. How can they do that? They did and I guess they can.

There were important people in that meeting...meeting haha, that’s a joke. In a meeting there is a form of professionalism. There was none there. I actually told the HR girl to leave. I said “If you don’t have any information for me then why are you here? You can leave now.”

I said it with so much passion that she looked to the other people there and they nodded their heads yes. She got up and walked out.

Anyone that knows me knows I don’t do things like that but I’m beginning to find my voice in this world. It’s about fucking time huh?

I cared about that company for years...I still do. I don’t want to burn any bridges and I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings but they just shit all over me and I should stand here and take it? No. I can’t do it this time. I’m tired of people dicking me around and me letting them.

I’ve lost 8lbs. in 4 days. I’d love to lie and say I’m relieved I got my pink slip but obviously I’m not. I’m terrified and I feel as if I’ve failed in some way.

I just wish I had some answers.

What do I do tomorrow? Go in, show my face and leave? Call in sick and call a lawyer? Can they fire me if I don’t show up? Well I’m already canned so I guess not.

My heart is beating so hard I can see the fabric of my shirt moving. I can’t breath and I can’t think.

I’ve always considered myself a small train wreck and I find comfort in that.

But this has crushed me.

I really feel worthless.

2 Comments:

Blogger Otis said...

Anything I say will sound trite and overused but you are not worthless...They don't appreciate your worth.

I only wish you still had the T-shirt that said, "fuck off"...

That would be your statement and your job denouement...

5:22 PM  
Blogger Walter said...

I believe you'll find a new job soon enough, but in the interim, don't let the schmucks make you lose your self worth.

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home