Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Even though you can’t see it…


It’s there…the words “check engine” on that shining beautiful red light. Almost feels like Christmas doesn’t it?

I have to say in my defense The Monster has technical issues. Bad wiring or a bad mechanic…who knows. So when the stereo or random lights flash across the dashboard, hey it’s all good, Monster is just a little fucked up, just like me.

I learned tonight that the check engine light was on for a reason. Now, if I had any sense of smell over the last few days I would have smelled coolant (I know this smell very. very well). If I had been in my right mind over this last two weeks I would have realized that the check engine light was coming on halfway through my drive at night. Duh.

Radiator.

I under estimated the Monster, he was trying to talk to me with the magic light. Didn’t know cars could be so smart. Especially fucked up ones.

The idle went up three notches and the light came on and then I noticed my temp gauge, almost to the H.

Oh shit.

I was in bumper too bumper traffic and then I saw a liquor store and I had to stop, only for water…yeah right.

I got out of the car and I saw the train of coolant, not a pretty sight…never has been.

But a gallon of water and a Diet Coke with two shots of vodka makes it a little better to accept.

I got home on a gallon of water and talking really nice to my car.

If I was just able to smell the coolant.

Fucking cold.

Fuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home