Friday, March 03, 2006

STOP!

I came home one day from work and he was here with a bloody nose. It seems he had gotten off work early and had gone to a bar. Not like he wasn’t drinking throughout the day, hell he probably cracked a beer at 4:30AM when he got up for work. Anyway, he was always terrified of the police much less tagged by them. He was walking home from the bar and his drink of choice for that day was jaggeriermister. How many he had plus what he had that morning I can’t even fathom….and he never told me. He was (or thought) he was being followed by the police walking on his way home from the bar so chose to turn down a side street. He realized that he really couldn’t walk that well because he was so drunk and all the sudden BAM! He hit a stop sign. Full on, no hands out. After he stumbled back for a second he fell into someone’s front yard. After he fell he couldn’t get up, so he decided to take a nap in someone’s front yard. Are you kidding me? I would have been arrested in a second. Him…no. I have to tell you that this was around 2pm in the afternoon. I am so surprised that no one called the police. The funny thing is that he was running from them when this all happened. He guessed about how long he had been passed out on these people’s lawn and he thought it was for about an hour. Finally he got up and made his way home. He never bothered to clean himself up and when I came home what I saw was unbelievable…much less the story. The guy hit a STOP sign. Isn’t that a clear indication that God himself is telling you to stop doing what you are doing? Not him…I had to chuckle.

We have our mishaps. We get drunk…fall down….get back up. Sometimes we fuck up without being drunk or fucked up by any means. The guy slammed into a FUCKING stop sign WITHOUT a car (thank goodness) simply walking.

The one thing through all this is where blame lies. He always pegged me? Well I can’t actually say that at the end of the story but at the first he did because we had been fighting. So he got drunk because of me and that’s why all of it happened. In the end he did realize that I wasn’t to blame. But I got the shit for it. He screamed and yelled like a crazy person and called me all kinds of names because HE had gotten drunk and walked into a stop sign. Have you ever known anyone that has walked into ANY sign? Then blamed you? Unless you pushed them into one.

2 Comments:

Blogger mindy said...

you know how i feel about this. he's an idiot. people run stop signs, not INTO them.

6:33 AM  
Blogger james r. said...

we're thinking along the same lines, it seems. i'm dealing with someone who blames everyone else for the stupid things she does and says, and i think i've pretty much had enough of it.

people like that don't seem to understand the damage they're doing to everyone around them. they're selfish.

okay, i'm getting down off my soapbox now...

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home