Sunday, July 23, 2006

Target….night swimming, losing a dog and an electrical storm…..

Wow did I have a day yesterday or what. I’m sure it can’t compare to the time I would have had at the “festival” but I digress…

I went to M’s house, we were hanging out listening to her favorite band, which has now been revived in my heart…The Chili Peppers. Then the key turns in the lock. I didn’t even hear it. She did. It was hubby. I think that’s why I wrote that post last night. It’s painful for me to be around a break up. I see both sides of the story and I feel pain for both. They talked for a while…fought for a while. And then he sat. In the chair he always used to sit in. Not saying a word. He missed his home…his life…his son…and her. But when you fuck up so bad, you can’t expect the same person is going to continue to stand there and take it.

Ok, I can’t dwell on that…so on with the day…

Target, I know now why I can not go to this store. Too much, sensory overload, not to mention I’m staring bankruptcy in the face.

$150.78…was my total. Do I have $150.78? Not yet. But I’ll find it somewhere.

See, I rarely shop like this. I’m a big thrift store girl. Buy a new piece of clothing? A new pair of shoes? Peshaaa….Why spend $50 dollars for a pair of no name shoes when I can go to a thrift store and buy a barely wore pair of $200 dollar shoes for $5. For all you folks out there that think these stores are garbage…you have to remember I live in the town of gluttony. The thrift stores in Hollywood are fabulous. All the rich people wear things once and donate it…hell, I’ve bought shoes and clothing that has never been worn. Ok enough of me trying to justify why I wear used clothing.

Its funny how new clothes can make you feel. What was really bizarre is that I picked out all girly stuff. I haven’t been a girly girl in years. I even bought a swim suit. It has sparkles on it. Yeah I’m a dork…I know….but oh how I’ve missed me.

M has the luxury of her parents living right down the street…and they have a pool. New swim suit? Did someone say pool? You bet ya. We were off. We got there around sunset. Love swimming at night. We hung out and talked about everything that was happening in her life. I wish I could change things and make them better but I can’t.

I’m dwelling again….sorry…

So I go to smoke…I was going out the gate and her dog followed me. He’s a lot bigger than mine and is very….well….ummm….overbearing is the only word I can come up with. I opened the gate, tried to slide through and he barreled through me, over me, almost upside downed me. He took off and I was right behind him. Do you know how hard it is to catch a retriever in a swim suit and no shoes? Pretty fucking hard. I was running down the street screaming my friend’s name. That damn dog. M said she slowly got out of the pool and with a sigh went and got her towel….dried off…and walked to the house get her keys and came to save me and her dog. She’s really good at saving people. It was just another day for her…no freak out…she was so calm and I was a wreck. She just laughed. Gotta love M.

So back to the pool…her dog actually swam. That was cool. That's when the lighting started. It was so weird to see that again. I haven’t seen it since I lived in Texas. Lighting with no thunder and no rain…it was beautiful.

I had a really good time.

It did make me realize why I choose to let a friendship go. I have nothing in common any more with my old friend. I have changed and I’m pretty sure she doesn’t like the new me, and maybe I’m tired of the old her. Who knows right?

So…thisishowmymorning is going….

All the windows and doors are open…the weather is really freaky. All the sudden the wind kicks up and then falls….to silence.

I’m happy in my own skin….and my dogs are asleep.

All in all…it’s a pretty fucking cool day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home