Friday, July 28, 2006

Just another day at the office…and my Marilyn Monroe moment…

When I was on my way home for lunch today, I was passing Hollywood & Highland (which is where the metro station is) when an SUV came rolling by me with sirens blaring and “K-9 Bomb unit” written on the side of it. As I looked in my rear view mirror, it pulled up in front of H&H which is across from where I work…ahhh…nothing like the bomb squad to brighten up my day. I’ve seen several of them over there since I’ve worked at that building. As I continued driving the cops were coming out of every side street racing towards the metro. I was at lunch for about 1 ½ hours and by the time I got back to the office, there was nothing. No bomb? Bummer...I was kind of hoping they would have evacuated the building by the time I got back and I could go home early. Heh.

Speaking of the Metro…me and two of my co-workers were walking to a meeting that was in the H&H building and I just happened to be wearing a little flared skirt. I rarely wear skirts and I rarely walk over there. As you probably have already guessed we walked over the grate for the Metro. Skirt went straight up. Now, if I was anywhere close to being like Marilyn it wouldn’t have been so bad. I did actually want to stand there and act like that picture of her but I didn’t think that I should subject my co-works to that, considering one was female and the other gay. It also probably would have been a little inappropriate at 5pm on Hollywood Blvd. But it did cross my mind I thought it would have been funny…well funnier….

So this is my birthday weekend and I think I’m getting the best present ever. My friend M said I could go over to her house and do my laundry tomorrow. You might think this is pathetic, laundry at a friends on a Saturday night, but it sounds like heaven to me.

No hot, steamy laundry mat. Just hanging out with M and drinking some wine.

Hooo Haaaa…..Happy Birthday to me.

6 Comments:

Blogger megaton said...

make a wish.

10:21 PM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

i did, but i can't tell you what it is or it won't come true.

12:33 AM  
Blogger megaton said...

happy birthday, india.

2:33 AM  
Blogger mindy said...

i'm glad you get to do laundry at m's house!! i told you she wouldn't mind! yah! yeah! yea! how do you spell it. happy birthday indiana jones.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

Happy belated! Loving your blog!

10:25 AM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes...already makes it better than the last years.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home