Thursday, July 27, 2006

A woman jogging while talking on her cell phone….you know what I’m saying?

Oh and drunken soap…

So, this afternoon as I was leaving work I saw a woman jogging. Not uncommon here, actually over common. The only thing is, she was jogging and talking on her cell phone, and I shouldn’t say jogging…she was running. Now I ask you….is any call that important? Or if you were expecting an important call wouldn’t you stay home? I mean maybe someone is dying…but wouldn’t you be there if they were and not out jogging? I just thought it was fucking stupid to see that. Or shall I say…as “Otis” did so eloquently….Dude WTF?

“You know what I’m saying?” This phrase is used by two of my friends. As we all know now I have down sized (or someone downsized me) and I now have 2 friends instead of 3. I think the term “you know what I mean” or “you know what I’m saying” is due to living with people or having friends that either don’t listen or can’t comprehend what you are saying. Or they could give a shit less. That’s always an option. I said it tonight with Minn…and I thought it was the first time for me. But I’m not so sure. All three of us are classified by me into a certain sector of being around someone that you literally had to or have to knock on their forehead and say “Hello in there”. And if people out there in blogger land are saying “Well, maybe ya’ll are boring or they just don’t like you” I agree 1000%. But they keep hanging around or coming around….and my fav…they keep calling…did I just say fav? Oh shit. Houston we have a situation.

Heh. Drunken soap. Now this is a good one. Minn said I could tell this story when we were talking on the phone tonight. She was a bit tipsy. She rarely gets like this. Hubby was laughing at her. She asked me what I wanted for my birthday. I have to tell you first that she gave me some fabulous soap for Christmas. I loved it. It was so pretty I didn’t want to take the wrapping off. But I was poor and needed soap…so I broke down. Anyway, that’s what I wanted so she decided to make it tonight…while tipsy. I even had her write the label tonight. It was too funny over the phone. She made me yellow, glitter, lavender and rosemary soap. I’m sure it’s drying as I type. We came up with this brilliant idea…..drunkensoap.com. I think it’s hysterical. You would order it and you would never know what you were going to receive when you order it. Of course she would have to have a couple of glasses of wine in her, which is rare…but hell I could do it. Yoh! Minn! You teach me to make soap and I will drink…sounds like a deal to me.

In other Hollywood news…I was outside smoking when I saw this yesterday. It was pretty amazing…all for the new Will Ferrell movie about, racing…don’t know the name. There were three real NASCAR...ummm…cars. Holly shit. That was so fucking great to see them turning onto Hollywood Blvd. The power of those cars….I’m speechless. They were all 3 feet from me. The sound was deafening. The guy in the last car got stuck at the light right directly in front of me. It’s so funny to type that because parking control around there is like a house infested with roaches. But yesterday the roaches had been scattered. There was no one there to help or supervise NASCARS…uh, yeah, pretty fucking stupid and no one to help the last man out….well…out. But he made it quite the show. Tourist are everywhere in Hollywood right now and I was almost blinded in the middle of the day by the flashes of their cameras. (people, we don’t need flashes during the day…oh hell I do it too…whatever) I think he was pissed that he was left at the light listening to the sound of the other cars blowing down the street. So he kept revving his engine. I was shocked with awe.

I was star struck…for the first time, with a race car. The power was insane….I just wanted to scream…please…please let me drive.

7 Comments:

Blogger james r. said...

in one of my car magazines (yes, i read Car Craft and Hot Rod), there was a feature on a place somewhere in the US that takes in all the used NASCAR engines and recycles them. and by recycle, i mean SELLS THE PARTS TO THE PUBLIC. i just about had an aneurism when i read that. they showed pictures of inside the warehouse: rack upon rack upon shelf upon shelf of intakes and heads and blocks and carbs... my god... forget Disneyland, forget Skywalker Ranch... take me to where the NASCAR parts are...!

1:29 AM  
Blogger mindy said...

i love drunken soaps!! my head hurts..

7:50 AM  
Blogger Otis said...

You quoted me...I'm flattered!

1:02 PM  
Blogger megaton said...

as much as i hate cell phones mine has come in handy quite a few times. 98% of my calls last less than a minute. i either want information or give information and thats it.

something i cannot stand, however, is the thousands of fucksticks walking around town wearing their bluetooth earpiece everyfuckingwhere they travel.

you know...as if theyre the captain of the starship enterprise.

12:02 AM  
Blogger Otis said...

megaton, I couldn't agree with you more. I know a guy that chooses to operate with his on...just so he doesn't miss a call.

Would you want this guy operating on you and talking on his Capt. Kirk communicator?

The good news is...he's doing it in Africa now since the US Treasury Department is after him for tax evasion...I digress.

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home