Thursday, September 21, 2006

I remember….

My friend Cindy “dated” this guy that she met in a bar. He was in a band, of course, and he was….well…quite the unusual person.

He was slick…had a nose ring like “Elsie the cow…many piercings..pretty much everywhere. Two tatt sleeves…and shins…I’m not sure what those are called…

But…

He was nicest guy you would ever want to meet.

He took up for Cindy’s daughter…all of this is sparked from Minn’s blog.

I don't remember his name, but since I said he was slick…that’s what I’ll call him…but I DO remember him. The best man Cindy ever met…and she let him go…but that’s beside the point and I’m getting off track…

We were all there on a Saturday and Tesh, Cindy’s daughter, was playing in the front lawn of the apartments. She came running upstairs crying. I think she was about 7.

I was sitting on the couch, “Slick” had just gotten out of the shower and was walking into the living room as Tesh came in… I guess the last clean towel Cindy had was a hand towel and it was wrapped around his waist.

She said “Those boys are being so mean to me!!!!!!!!!”

Yeaaaaa….Slick didn’t take that lightly.

And I LOVED seeing this shit happen…

He talked to Tesh….took her hand…walked down the stairs in his “half towel” and confronted the 5 boys…and said…

“You mess with her, and you mess with me. I will find you if you fuck with her again.”….I think he also said…”Now scatter like rats.”

And they did….

I love people that have no inhibitions and they can say fuck you….and they take up for the people that can’t say that..just...quite...yet.

I can't say it was the right way to go about it but...at that time...it worked...and it was right.

1 Comments:

Blogger mindy said...

how sweet!
i just love when people stand up for children.

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home