Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Joe Barns….

This memory came when I was talking to M the other day.

On a country road, in the snow…DD, Joe, Shannon (DD’s half sister) and me.

DD was showing his life. The shacks he lived in…do I believe it’s true? Hell I don’t know, but we were all drunk and having fun…all the sudden the car went off the road. He never saw that 10 foot ditch coming…because it wasn’t part of the road. A Chevy station wagon sideways in the middle of no where Vermont. We all realized we were crushed against each other….sideways in a ditch.

I became a mountain climber to get Shannon out. DD and Joe crawled out.

As all of us looked at the leveled car…staring in amazement….

DD said “What the fuck am I going to do?”

Joe said….”I can get the car out.”

Please understand that this car was on its side.

Did Joe get it out….yup.

With all of us pushing and shoving and him telling us what exactly we had to do…

Four of us got a 2 ton car out of a ten foot ditch….in the snow

I still don’t know how.

I‘ll always had a special place in my heart for him. I believe he was mistreated from birth. He had the smarts to get us out of that jam…which makes me think he could be a rocket scientist…but I have no idea if he’s still alive today.

Actually I know his past….from DD, because that was his best friend…but I think that DD skipped over the worst…I think he told me what he thought I could handle.

Joe disappeared about 3 years ago….into oblivion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home