Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Sitting on a park bench today I wondered….


Yeah, like I’d ever sit on a park bench. But I thought what my friend made, unfinished as it was….well…I thought it looked finished.

This may not make sense to anyone else out there but…why don’t people change? I mean they pretend to…so if they can “pretend” then why can’t they actually follow through and really change?

Fuck…this is the hardest thing to explain.

The park bench in question…was made by M.

I think if someone asked her to move her house two inches to the left…she could do it….but people come to expect it….and expect…and expect it.

Until that person can’t move anything, much less themselves…anymore.

It’s crippling to live with someone that you do for over and over again….and get slapped in the face every time you walk into your own house and realize that you are the only one trying.

It breaks my heart….because I was there.

It does get better though, actually it gets very interesting.

I’ve come to see the brighter side of life…yuck…did I just say that?

Ok let’s rephrase….I’ve come to see the darker part of a thunderstorm.

I prefer rain to sun….

Speaking of rain…

So much fun with the kids in the backyard today….water hose fight!

Today it’s IPODs, computers, video games and TV….which I don’t object to…but….a garden hose rain fall is the best.

But that turned into all of us chasing each other with the hose and making everything mud…which made it even funnier…using an old dart board as a shield from the terminator…to seeing if we could make the punching bag move just by the power of water.

All of us sitting in the sun sopping wet…laughing…then the evil one came out…

He said…“They can’t ride in my truck wet.” Me…”Oops…sorry….I’ll have them sit in the sun for a few minutes and they’ll dry off. He said " You said that a half hour ago." "I know, sorry." I said. He looked at me sideways for a second and walked back inside.

I turned to my partners in crime… and said ”See!...you got me in trouble...turn the hose back on.”

Ain’t life grand.

3 Comments:

Blogger mindy said...

i would have sprayed him in the face.

5:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think you realize it, but sometimes you are sent from God & that was one of those times. Thank you so much. I really don't know what I would have done without your help.

7:08 PM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

if minn would have been there he would have really been in trouble...

M, anything i can do, you know i will always be there.

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home