Monday, December 18, 2006

I was thinking tonight…

It’s really bizarre the way I look at men now.

I know that it’s instilled in women to look at men and wonder what their agenda is…hell most women were raised that way. Always taught to beware and question.

I’m finding that after DD I now have something instilled in me that goes far beyond that and it’s starting to mess with my mind a little. I’m not sure I’ll ever to be able to trust another man like I use to. I see almost every man with the potential to be like DD.

Also I wonder if I’ll ever be normal again…well I wasn’t to begin with but I wonder if maybe something in my personality made him the way he was towards me.

Maybe it’s just that I can’t imagine anyone sweet in my life anymore. Joe was the last and I think that I was too young at the time to appreciate it. If he was still alive today I think we probably would have gotten married. That blows me away to think about how different things could have been.

Not that I’m depressed about any of the above…just thinking.

As I’ve said before though…I wouldn’t change any of it. I do think things happen for a reason to a certain extent. I also think things don’t happen for certain reasons.

I do know one thing for certain...I need to stop watching chick flicks…they bring out the sappy girl in me…yuck.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

As I've gotten older, chick flicks don't offend me like they used to.

My guilty pleasure? "Love Actually". Amazingly, a fun little movie, despite what the title implies.

Glad to see you're feeling better.

6:01 AM  
Blogger mindy said...

it was that sappy christmas movie wasn't it?? i told you!!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Walter said...

Maybe it’s just that I can’t imagine anyone sweet in my life anymore.
I can't imagine the mathematical theory of gravity, but it still exists, or maybe gravity doesn't exist and the world just sucks? Anyway, even though you can't imagine something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist or will manifest it later.

I'm with Brad, "Love Actually" is one of my favorite movies, along with "Moulin Rouge".

11:02 AM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

i do like it when men can admit that they like at least a couple of chick flicks. they arn't all bad.

but mindy is correct...stupid fucking christmas movies.

also...thanks brad...much better.

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home