Saturday, December 09, 2006

Why don’t I pray?

Wow this question came up twice today.

Why don’t I pray…let’s see…

Because God’s got enough shit to think about?

I think that’s it.

Wow God…I wish I had money…god I wish my boyfriend wasn’t an asshole and didn’t beat me, oh god please say I’m not pregnant…God can I please win the lotto…and God please say that Bush isn’t president.

BULLSHIT.

I rarely do this…religion that is.

God to me is the sun shinning….or a full moon…the birds singing…a rainy day…my dogs lying in the sun…a mouse in my house…my car not starting…a smell that I remember…a touch of someone’s hand…a kind word from someone in passing.

God is life and self realization.

Is there a higher power? Absolutely…in my mind. But people depend on this imaginary figure when they can’t depend on themselves.

We all make our own choices. God is too fucking busy to look after all of us. He gives us choices. Now which ones we pick is another subject.

I think that God gave me…on several occasions …3 great choices and one shitty one…heh…of course I took the shitty one.

MY CHOICE…not Gods.

My life is what I’ve made it…nothing more and nothing less.

I’m simply here.

Praying wouldn’t have saved my grandparents. It might have made me feel better if I prayed for them to live…but it wouldn’t make them live one second longer. Praying for my father not to be a dick isn’t going to change the fact that he is and will always be a dick. Praying for everything to happen like Cinderella just isn’t going to happen.

Do things happen for a reason? Is God involved?

No.

We all make our way though this world…and yeah it sucks most of the time.

But when you pray….

Pray you make the right choices.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... maybe God is different things to different people. Just like everyone has different likes & dislikes, etc., maybe God is whatever a person is comfortable with or comforted by. For some, a beatiful sunset might be how they connect with God, but for others a more traditional view of God works. Moral of my rant- live and let live. I think most people are doing the best they can with what they have...

3:00 PM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

and you are absolutely right…that is why i left 2 messages apologizing…i am so sorry m. my beliefs are exactly that...mine. this is why I rarely talk about religion. I’ve done it twice and it ended badly twice. Maybe next time I’ll learn.

i almost erased this post but i figured in life i can’t really erase when i fuck up so why take the easy way out here.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Walter said...

God is life and self realization.
You're a lot wiser than people twice your age.

MY CHOICE…not Gods.
Freewill is something most people don't acknowledge.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home