Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Jefferson Starship in Hollywood today…
















Or is it Airplane now or was that first? I still get confused.

I heard the sound check as I was walking from the parking garage to the office building. It was just the guitar and drums, I knew the song but I just couldn’t place exactly who it was.

When I got to my desk I heard some people talking by the windows. I walked over as they were watching and listening to the sound check (yes on the 11th floor it was that loud) and a girl I work with told me who it was. There was no one in the parking lot at that point and I thought by the time they went on…even with the rain…people would come.

It didn’t happen. They played for an hour to promote, believe it or not, a web cam that I just bought. The company definitely could have spent more money for promotion of the brand and the band but obviously didn’t.

Working where I work all the companies on the boulevard know what is going on and send out alerts for the star struck and for those that don’t want to be stuck in traffic. We never heard a peep about this.

I knew when Johnny Depp was getting his foot prints at Grauman’s and when Ozzy Osbourne was getting his star…that was interesting and I knew when INXS was suppose to perform on the top of the new Virgin Mega store…that got rained out…damn. Those were my star strucks…the rest was stuck in traffic.

This one was a surprise to everyone that I talked to when i walked in this morning. I don’t know how popular this band is now but I know all their older songs, which they played today. I just thought there would have been a hell of a lot more people out there if anyone…someone would have know about it. I can’t think that any member of the band was very happy about playing that gig. The pic I took above was the mass of the crowd.

Which leads me to believe that someone that worked for that promotion team is looking for a new job as I type.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

They apparently didn't build THAT city on rock and roll.

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home