Thursday, February 08, 2007

How much money do I spend on rent?

As I stepped out of the shower last night I stepped in water. Hmmmm…didn’t I just get out of water? What the???? Fffuuuccckkkk.

My bathroom, once again had transformed into a wading pool. When ever the sewer gets plugged up I am the house that suffers the consequences. My landlord (I’ll call him V) blames it on me and my next door neighbors putting things down the toilet that don’t belong there. Yeah V I flush dishes so I don’t have to wash them. It’s the fucking plumbing you fucker!

Now usually I never confront V. Have you ever tried to find a place to live in LA with two dogs? Not fun and almost impossible. So I can usually control myself. Not last night. The Tsunami was so fierce it traveled all the way to my closet and ruined two pairs of my shoes, one of which my mother gave me. He just had to bring my mom into it didn’t he.

I called him “Yeeeaaahhh V…we have a situation. My bathroom is flooded again and I’m getting really fucking sick of this. His reply “Well so am I.” “But V” I replied “You’re not paying me a $1,000 a month.” He was basically silent as I tore into a rampage. He tried once to interrupt me saying that he couldn’t blame the next door neighbors because we share the same plumbing. That was a stupid thing to say because obviously I had the perfect explanation. “Do you honestly think that I would flush anything down this fucking toilet that would turn my bathroom into a fucking swimming pool? I’m no fucking Einstein V but I’m not fucking stupid.”

Now that I think back on it, if someone was watching me it would have been quite comical. Me standing in my bathroom screaming at V while letting the sewage seep into my froggie house slippers. Fuck…that’s three pairs of shoes…and my mom gave me those too. That fucker.

Heh…he was just here. I asked “Do you think that there is a small possibility that a pipe is broken?” “No. I’ve never had this problem before you and the Twilight Zone next door came here.” I did have to laugh at that one…good joke V. Then he went into how the plumbing works and blah…blah…blah. I felt like flipping him off and walking away but restrained that impulse.

On a lighter note I did catch baby mouse number three tonight. I won’t go into the gruesome details but honestly, how many rodents do I have to find in a toilet in one life time. I’m going on two…you?

The mouse survived and was set free. I however will probably have nightmares tonight.

2 Comments:

Blogger Walter said...

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

I think it's fine you put your foot down with V. Let him know you're not going to take it.

6:02 AM  
Blogger Otis said...

I agree with Walter but be careful of what you put your foot down in...you would hate to get splashed.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home