Monday, February 05, 2007

I must admit I do miss it…


My Canon served me well, until one day it just stopped. I was going to have it repaired but since the world was so tech I decided to spend the money to go digital. I never had the heart to let my Canon go…hence the dust.

Funny I’m taking a pic of a dead camera with a failing camera.

Ahhh…the Sony Cyber-shot.

Me and Minn both have the same cameras. Without my knowledge I bought basically the same camera she had just a newer model. After a little over a year her flash stopped working.

It seems I’m experiencing the same, just a year later but a different problem. I came to the realization that I have a self timer on my camera. Yeah…duhhh India. Hell as long as it takes pictures and I can figure out for the most part how it works I’m pretty happy. I have learned that I don’t use new tech devices to their fullest. At least I’m getting better I looked up my cell phone today on line and learned a lot more about it. Lesson learned.

Back to the story. I figured out today how to use the self timer. Cool I thought, just a couple of button presses and presto. It worked once…this afternoon. I got all excited about it tonight and tried it again and again, again and again. It didn’t work.

Obviously, I thought I was the problem. I went online and chatted with a tech from Sony. I got the same news Minn did. In the end he typed “It seems there is a malfunction in your camera. Do you want me to give you the number of a service center in your area that can repair your camera?” I felt like typing him back “What’s the fucking point? We both know I might as well buy a new fucking camera…not a Sony by the way and don’t you mean malyourfuckedtioned?”

I mean come on, the same model and brand of camera and shit starts breaking just after the warranty wears out? Seems a little fishy to me.

I must admit that I love all the modern technology out there today but since I don’t know dick about it I guess I’m fucked….heh.

I’m going to start learning though…if I can change the master cylinder in a clutch I can learn this shit.

2 Comments:

Blogger mindy said...

i'm getting a new camera and i'm giving jaron my cybershot. ha!

5:26 AM  
Blogger Walter said...

I've had a Kodak for 3 years now without any problems, and it's what I'd recommend off the bat, but the best place to read up on anything would be Consumer Reports.

I've given my camera to my daughter a couple of times to take pictures. It's interesting how the pictures turn out from her perspective, and made me remember how much taller and bigger the world is around her.

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home