Thursday, February 01, 2007

R.I.P.










Brownie 2006 – 2007

As I got out of bed this morning I looked down and saw a dark object on the floor. Since I was running late (I know…I know) I just stepped over it and started getting ready for work. When I walked back in the bedroom searching for my keys I looked down at it and thought what the hell IS that?...what is that red stuff and what…HOLY SHIT!

I knew it would happen eventually. Either Brownie would get a little too comfortable here or Sasha would get just a little quicker at the perfect time. I think it was a combination of both.

As I was cleaning up the remains I looked at Sash…she had her head bowed and her ears back almost like she felt bad. I’m only guessing…I’m no dog whisperer…er.

The funny thing is, I thought all along that Sasha was a predator dog. She almost killed my last cat. What I realized today when I got home, she was looking for the mouse expecting it to run it’s normal route. It use to go through the room I’m currently sitting in, off to the bathroom and back again to the kitchen. Sasha has traced this path several times tonight…she is searching for her playmate.

It made me think…when I saw it this morning, the reason I didn’t know what it was is because it was wet. If it would have been a dead fur ball on the floor I sure as shit would have know what it was. Maybe she thought she just knocked it silly (ahhh…my grandmother’s saying) and was licking it to try and wake it up.

A pit bull with a heart…that likes pictures of dead presidents. Hmmm...who would have thunk it.

Speaking of the dead…I almost took a picture of the deceased but the blood bath was a little too gruesome even for me.

3 Comments:

Blogger mindy said...

thanks for not taking a picture.
ugh.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Walter said...

I think you should draw a chalk outline of the deceased brownie, take a photo of that in black and white, then take a mug shot of sasha, also in black and white. Place both pictures on your blog with the title of your post possibly, "open and shut case," or "thisishowmycsiwent".

8:40 AM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

HAHA!!

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home