Thursday, March 08, 2007

so...

She paused for a second and said “Do you want me to give you a reading sometime?”

“Well…

As I finished that word, my head tilted to the right as one man came running out of the store. I thought…he was the weird guy in front of me walking across the street. Something told me to stay at least 5 steps behind him and now he was 5 steps in front of me.

The woman had her back to him and as she saw my expression, turned around and saw him, an undercover security guard and a full clothed security guard grab him.

Like I said I was sick, my day had been a fog so I was definitely still trying to realize what was going on.

At least the other India knew. Just before 1,000lb of people hit us she grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the way down to the boulevard. All three of them hit exactly where we were. If she hadn’t had been there they would have leveled me 3ft down to concrete.

We both stood there in amazement as this guy was screaming over and over “FUCKING LET ME GO!” They finally had him in a headlock. It’s hard to get a drug addict in that position…believe me I know…better left to the professionals…police that is. Then he reached into his pocket and I thought, here it comes. What I thought might have been a gun was a hand held CD player. As he flung it across the cement he yelled “THERE! NOW LET ME FUCKING GO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!” *click-click* went the hand cuffs. They pulled him up off the ground and sat him on that cement wall and I finally saw his face.

He was a trapped animal. He gave two large people a hell of a fight but once confined, he had lost. He wasn’t homeless he just needed that one thing, for one thing, what ever choice it might be.

He stopped talking and just sat there staring into space.

I turned to look at the other India but I saw her making her way around the situation and disappearing into the drug store.

I stood there and thought…everything.

Then I walked around as well and walked into the store. I had forgotten why I went there in the first place. I walked up a few isles and collected a couple of things and put them back. I walked out of the store.

Cough drops…that’s why I went there. I was already half way down the block before I remembered that.

I looked back and saw the guy still sitting there hand cuffed and it broke my heart.

Some of us are raised really good and some really bad and some are just in between. It’s just where we take it from there.

I never think anyone is wrong in this world and I probably never will…we are all the product of our environment. Sometimes people can break out of it and sometimes people just can’t. Sometimes it’s mental instability or brutal reality….no one ever knows.

He fucked up…Oops. We all have…and no one can say any different.

At one second, one moment or a bazillion moments…we have all fucked up….and so is life.

It’s amazing…that a woman who said I had a beautiful aura didn’t stick around to see life.

I do have to quote…as much as it pains me…one line, from one song and you will NEVER hear it again.

Thank you India

But I still want to scream

“Hey India…Is my aura still good?”

5 Comments:

Blogger Walter said...

You're Aura is good, it's all good.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Otis said...

India, I can see your aura from here...it's all blue and shimmering...

10:54 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

I see plaid...but it could be the acid.

8:21 PM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

so...i have a good, blue, shimmering, plaid, or acid aura.

I think I like that. I really like that.

1:41 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

I just realized, I don't do drugs. So the plaid is definitely coming from you.

...now someone explain the brown naugahide I'm getting from Otis.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home