Wednesday, April 04, 2007

ok...maybe I do want to talk about it...

I don't like to say a lot when I have a job interview because when I do people want to know all about it after it's done. I'm not the greatest at job interviews and I never have been. I know all the answers to the questions but I tend to trip over my words.
I don't really feel this way about tomorrow because as I said last night I have no reason to be afraid. If I get it cool, if I don't fine and I don't even know if I want it yet so why get worked up. Oh I'm doing good at this calm thing.

I guess the reason I want to talk about it is the person that got me the lead on this job asked me if I was going to wear my eyebrow piercing to the interview. I don't fault her for this, I guess it just annoyed me that she even asked. She made me think about it for a few minutes. I told her there were clear rods that I could put in and no one could tell.

The fact is, I don't want to work for a company if I can't wear it or show up on an interview with it. Now I'm sure most people don't think that way and that's fine. A couple of people I've talked to said maybe I should take it out. Oh yeah, I forgot I have to wake up a couple of hours early to rip off my tattoos. I mean you never know what they are going to make you do on an interview. Glad I'm not an actress.

It did get better though..she asked me if I had suitable interview clothes.

Me? Of course...

What's wrong with ragged jeans, a sparkly "Glam Rock" t-shirt and cowboy boots.

Is she fucking kidding me? I know how to dress for an occasion...whatever it might be.

I really am grateful to everyone that I work with for making calls for me but honestly, it makes me think maybe I shouldn't be in the business I'm in.

I think they had faith in the job I did for them but they really didn't like the way I looked and I have been told this.

Sometimes I look at the way other people dress and think the same thing some of my co-workers probably think about me but I'm a little more in the realm of "What Not to Wear." I don't like to see a 30 year old woman wearing 60 year old woman's shoes...no high water pants...if your going to wear low rise jeans wear a t-back or go commando cause the big baggy panties hanging out the top just don't work.

How did me talking about an interview come down to fashion? I have no fucking idea.

Maybe I'm pissed that people perceive me as idiot.

Maybe because I've tried to put myself in a place that I never really fit.

Maybe because I just might have faith in myself this time.

Or maybe I just want to tell the whole fucking world to fuck off.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

I have a job interview tomorrow as well. My co-worker asked me if I was going to shave the scruff beard.

I laughed, as I pondered bigger paychecks in my future.

We should meet for drinks afterwards and discuss our new gigs....feel like flying to Providence?

5:07 AM  
Blogger Walter said...

I'll get the giga-mega-fone, so when you broadcast to the world to "fuck off" you'll bust some windows in the process. :)

7:30 AM  
Blogger Otis said...

"I just want to tell the whole fucking world to fuck off"...and I thought that was my line.

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home