Friday, April 28, 2006

A lotta Liberachi going on here

Funny in LA how people never meet up, “hook-up” as they say here…or, the always famous…”Let’s do lunch” and that never happens. But when you do see them, by chance, they always say “it’s a small world. I can’t believe that I saw you tonight.” I just think…I’m the LAST person you wanted to see and you are the LAST person I wanted to see.

I guess I just had to get that out but I’m building up here people.

I got my next door neighbor on a cleaning craze (which it’s rare to know your neighbor in the first place here). He is gutting his full house. He is throwing out shit left and right, which, I think, he should just burn the place but at lease he’s trying. We discussed switching furniture the other night, which we have done before, but tonight it was a Liberachi moment. He brought me the most magnificent piece of furniture. The heavens opened up and I was saved. Oh it’s beautiful I tell ya!!!! 5’x3’ chest o’ drawer/buro…..oh it’s purty. Just what I wanted, for my new thing. In exchange I gave him my old Chest o’ drawers. Which was huge and a little ‘80’s but he said he needed a change. I guess the sea foam green got to him… just a little.

My point from the above is…people can actually have friends here. Geeze…I’m switching FUNITURE with my next door neighbor. NO ONE does that here…much less talk to their neighbor. Honestly, I’ve found better friendships here than in Texas.

I guess the whole point is it’s all new…again, with a different outlook. It’s bizarre. Heh. It’s kinda cool…..I think I like it.

2 Comments:

Blogger mindy said...

the entire 5 years i lived there i never spoke to my neighbor... oh, once he told me and becky to keep it down...we just laughed. ha.

7:02 AM  
Blogger james r. said...

i think city life is like that in a lot (if not most) places. i know it was when i was in Calgary. the only neighbour i ever spoke to (or who spoke to me) was the little old lady across the hall in the building i lived in. and even then, it was just "Hello." "Hello." "Nice/Cold/Hot/Awful weather we're having." "It sure is." "'Bye." "'Bye." but there are always exceptions and small miracles. out here in this little town, people are a lot more neighbourly. even if they're not your neighbours! and...y'know, i'm not sure which i like better!

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home