Thursday, December 21, 2006

You want to give me what?

A couple of months ago Amex snatched my gold card from my grasp for a poor payment record. I deserved it and I don’t deny it…they were justified. The one thing I don’t understand is they cut it off before I paid the $600 balance…which meant Amex went from the top of my “bills I have to pay” list to rock bottom. I couldn’t charge anything on it anyway it was frozen until I paid the balance in full. What I thought was stupidity on their part was they told me they had cancelled my account BEFORE I paid the balance. Lie to me tell me ya love me and after it’s all said and done and paid off…THEN fuck me over.

I received a letter from them today...

“As a previous American Express Card member we value our relationship. As such, we would like to offer you the opportunity to regain Card membership and potentially improve your standing with American Express. You have been selected for a special offer to receive an Optima Card application from American Express if you pay your past-due account balances in full. Your application for a new Optima Card will be approved unless you have filed for bankruptcy, do not make the payment required, or have an existing open account.”

What…do you think you taught me a lesson by telling me to hit the road? Now I’m going to be a good girl and pay my bill on time if you give me a second chance…and a hefty 23.24% APR? I don’t think so.

Amex you broke up with me.

I’ve learned from the past experiences that reconciliations usually aren’t the best idea.

1 Comments:

Blogger Otis said...

Why is it that once they break up with you, they alway came crawling back.

I had a Discover card once and their interest was crazy so I cancelled it and paid it off.

Without fail, I get an offer from them about every two weeks.

I just started packing up their stuff...minus my name, in their postage paid envelope. Sometimes I throw in other garbage too just to get the envelope full...then I mail it back to them.

4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home