Sunday, February 18, 2007

Vanelli


Oh how I love these shoes. Found them at the thrift store today….never worn. $8.

My mother taught me from an early age the passion for shoes.

I called her tonight to tell her about my find.

Shit…bad move India.

She laid into me like there was no tomorrow. I don’t manage my money right and I’m living on the edge and why I do the things I do.

“It’s fucking $8 and they are Vanelli’s mom.”

“I don’t give a shit India your being stupid.”

Stupid…that’s an ugly word isn’t it? Unfortunately, I’ve heard it to many times in my life. Maybe I really am fucking stupid, if my mom tells me I am then maybe it’s true.

After that she raked me across the coals…fuck she didn’t rake me across them she buried me in them. Everything I have done wrong in my life came out of her mouth in 1 minute. I guess she was in a bad mood.

A girl I knew that was in an abusive relationship once told me “I found out through therapy that people in an abusive relationship are searching for home. They are drawn to what they know and what they feel is safe. How you are raised is home.” I think this is true.

Home I found in Vance but I also found knowledge. My Mom doesn’t think that I learned anything after him but I did.

I learned that it takes to much energy to fight especially when the other person doesn’t care what you have to say.

I love my mom, don’t get me wrong but she can level me in a second and I fucking hate that.

And I won’t shut up and I’m not stupid.

The shoes however, are fabulous.

5 Comments:

Blogger mindy said...

remember what i said.. don't tell your mother about shoe purchases. it freaks her out. every.single.time.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Otis said...

I'm going out on a limb...

My Mom and I have the same issues...I'm 49 and she treats me like I'm 6.

She says things that are hurtful and sometimes the things she says are hateful.

I've spent my entire life trying to get approval for the things I've done...and mostly it just comes back to smack me in the face like a dead fish.

I don't try anymore and I don't tell her anything anymore.

Once it was so bad, I blocked her calls because I just couldn't listen anymore. She's very sad I suppose and not happy in general.

I suppose the gist is...I empathize with you and can relate to how you feel. It's like I said on Mindy's blog...Mothers can be a boy's worst enemy and, I suppose, a girl's too.

The shoes rock.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Walter said...

Your new shoes rock, your mother doesn't.

7:06 AM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

Mindy and I did talk about this Otis and she is right I can't tell her anything.

You and I are in the same boat. Our moms should go have drinks sometime. I'm sorry you have the same problem.

My mom and I use to get along really well until I started realizing it was rare she had a kind word for me.

I think as she has gotten older she has gotten more conservative and we just don't get along the way we use to.

Fortunately, I won't have to go to your extreme...my mother never calls me, I have to call her so if I chose to get an ass woopin' in the future I have only myself to blame.

And the shoes do rock…they were worth every insult.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Michael Kors Cheap
michael kors handbags
michael kors jet set tote
Michael Kors Sale
macys michael kors
michael kors factory outlet
retro jordans
jordan 13
lebron 12
kd 7
nike air max 1
nike air max 90
nike free run womens
nike store
christian louboutin outlet
christian louboutin uk
mbt shoes outlet
discount mbt Shoes
fitflop.com
fitflop sale
Nike Air Huaraches
Kobe 9 Elite
christian louboutin store
Red Bottom Shoes
cheap jordan shoes
cheap jordans
new jordan shoes
Jordan 11 Retro 72 10
coach outlet online coach factory outlet
coach outlet stores

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home